And to be honest I have really enjoyed learning right along with the kids. Who knew I knew so little about bugs!
I thought it'd be fun to post a little quiz and see how much ya'll know (don't worry, if you can answer at least 2 right you'll know more that I did at the beginning of the week!)
Whoever answers the most correctly will get bragging rights for being super duper smart :)
I'll post the answers in the next few days. Good Luck!
- Is a spider an insect? Why/why not?
- What is it called when you have a fear of spiders?
- How often do most spiders make webs?
- How many eyes do bees have?
- What are the three kinds of bees in the hive?
- Do female or male bees have a stinger?
- How many stomachs do bees have?
- How long is the average life cycle of a honeybee during the working season?
- An ant can lift ___ times it's own body weight.
- How do ants hear?
Our field trip this week was to go on a bug hunt. We made our list and off we went to the park to count all the bugs we could find. I wish you could have seen how excited they were each time they discovered one.
We even brought along a jar and were able to catch a few ants to bring home and take care of :)