2. I have been very diligent about not buying Halloween Candy. I know myself, if it's in the house it'll be long gone before the 31st! But, I did crack this weekend and bought a yummy container of candy corn. Now I need to decide what sweet treat we will make with it. Here are a few fun ideas I've seen...
Candy Corn Parfaits :: BakedBree
Candy Corn Cookie Bark :: Your Homebased Mom
Candy Corn Cupcakes :: The Curvy CarrotI can't decide, I may just have to make them all....
3. This book is currently in the mail on it's way to my doorstep. I am so excited to dive into it. I have heard nothing but good things about it.
4.I'm no longer a Skype Virgin! Chris was away in California this past week and while he was there we kept in touch with Skype. Super easy and very cool for the kids to be able to see Daddy and talk to him face to face :)
5. I have been having quite a few contractions. Ugh. I really think everything is fine but because of the way things progressed with my last pregnancy (early contraction = bedrest for 9+ weeks) I am being more cautious and trying to limit myself. Sadly this meant that I decided to stay home this past weekend instead of attending my sister's out of town stagette. Boooo :(
6. So, I spent the entire weekend by myself. It was weird. It was quiet. It was actually really nice. Our son spent the weekend being spoiled by my dad and the girls were over at Chris' parents being spoiled (isn't our family amazing?! they all still insisted on taking the kids even though I ended up staying at home from the stagette, just to give me a break!)
I don't think I've EVER been in the house that long by myself. And I may or may not have been a little scared to go to sleep by myself at night.
I was definitely ready for my loud household to return, but I do feel very refreshed and ready for another week with my munchkins.
7. I'm currently obsessed with this song. I just played it again and danced around the room with my two year old :)
8. Speaking of my cuddly little two year old, I'm happy to report that we have officially begun potty training. And she is doing amazing! Eeeeeeee! Could it be that all three of my children will be potty trained before the baby comes? Wow. What ever will we do with all the $$ we've been spending on diapers?
9. It snowed here again yesterday. I didn't complain too much since it gave me extra motivation to hibernate this week and jump into potty training! Thankfully it melted right away. It is too early to be thinking of winter!
10. Last up- I have grand plans to blow the dust off my sewing machine and start a few fun projects. Among them, a quilt for our living room and of course some sweet baby girl things.... I am excited... but don't hold your breath. It may take awhile for me to get my butt into a fabric store :)